How did everybody rate the 2nd ENERGIZER NIGHT RACE???
WHY??? Read on..... Also read Jun King's take at HERE.
1) At 6pm, the FORMULA 1, Sepang car park was almost full and badly coordinated by the RELA!! The RELA & ORGANISERS were busy collecting the parking fee RM10.00 causing a bottle-neck at the car park entrance. However, we impatiently queue as we were very excited to run on an international racing circuit track across all the grandstand and paddock.
After parking the car, I was separated from others when Rose Emini Pahamin asked me to search for LC (OBC) (P) Wan Hazriq to pass to him the CHIEF ORIGINAL BOOTCAMP vest. I walked alone some 20minutes before reaching an underground passageway via a staircase to walk to the starting point where the 42km marathoners were expected to start soon. As I walked out of the underground passageway, I joined a queue of hundreds of runners to collect our head light.
2) The HeadLights collection was badly distributed!!! There were no lines and no marshalls to guide. Those at the counter were inexperience in dealing with large crowd.
3) We had to find our own way to the starting position, there were no marshalls to lead us to the starting point 'gate'.
|Corporal (COBC) Chun!! Chief's 42.2km runner!!|
|Shear Ling Toh, Chan Meng Yam, Joannita Zaleha Yusoff, LIlian Lee, Norliza Mohd Khaled.|
|Noor A. Othman, John Chuah, Armin Baniaz Pahamin, James Fong|
Yum Kin Kok, Ilyanna Aylin Ayob, John Chuah & James Fong
Yum Kin Kok, Ilyanna Aylin Ayob, Chun Chia Kai
We proceeded to the flag off area.
and spotted Joe Liew!!!
In an ocean of people, spotted JOHN CHUAH & JAMES FONG!!
Joe Liew, Jeremy Liew, James Fong, John Chuah
|Joe Liew PROUDLY wearing our CHIEF'S VEST.|
There were young gorgeous cheer leaders!! cheering for
me the runners
and guest whom was more excited to see the cheer leaders?
Before flag-off, everybody took their position..... and guest who were in the first row???
Yup.. CHIEF's super kiasu babe Norliza Mohd Khaled & Lilian Lee..
We were flag-off the same starting point where the FORMULA 1 cars were flag-off during F1 racing!!
and when the flag is off...... NORLIZA MOHD KHALED, Chief's super delta speeded away.......
We ran passing a tunnel.....
Spotted while running.. NYNA MOHSEN..
Two hours after flagging off, spotted SURIANA SAIFUL YAZAN
Spotted T'NG YNG TAN!!!
STUPENDOUS VIEW of thousands of runners on F1 racing track!!
4) There were insufficient water at Water stations. Given the number of runners, the tables at every water stations were too small causing a que for runners to get water.
Water & Hydration is very important for runners!!! but it was badly manage & supplied.
Spotted ROSE EMINI PAHAMIN & NYNA MOHSEN!!
SPOTTED BAHARIAH BAHADOM!!!
11KM RUNNERS COMPLETED THEIR RACE....!!!
BAHARIAH BAHADOM, SARGE DANN & ODY NURFUADI RUZALLI
5) No marshals to guide runners on the number of laps and to give our the ribbon for laps completed. Nawal Aini Zulkifli was stopped from running only after 1 lap when she had to performed 2 laps??? I had to run another lap after completing 2 laps when I was told I had to have 3 ribbons???
6) POOR MEDIC response!!! There were injured runners at every route but there were no marshals or medic to attend to them. There were dozens of security guards but the security guards did nothing to help the injured runners except gathering and chatting amongst themselves.
7) POOR DISTRIBUTION of FINISHER MEDALS & GOODIE BAGS. After completing the run, runners had to que a few kilometer to collect their finisher medals and goodie bag but the distribution counter was shorthanded and manned by inexperience people.
8) There were NO organisers and marshalls by the time the full marathoners (42km runners) completed their race. All counters were practically closed
9) No MEDIC available for the 42km runners
10) Cars were broken into!!!
WARMING DOWN & STRETCHING!!!!!!
|CHIEF'S POOI CHING KHIEW....|
ALSO SPOTTED fellow PROTON EDAR comrade YAHYA UZIR.. ran 21km @ the ENERGIZER RACE!! (LEFT)
and old university mate Tengku Mu' Adzam Noone(BELOW).
|Tengku Mu' Adzam Noone|
|Superstar Leg John Chuah..... check out that leg that appeared on Prime Time news Channel 9|
21km VIRGIN RUNNERS!!!!!!
11KM VIRGIN RUNNERS
21KM VIRGIN & NON-VIRGIN RUNNERS
11) Marshals on motorcycle was riding in the crowded runners and almost hit runners.
12) Bib Collection counter that was suppose to open at 10am was only open at 2pm!!!
13) There were NO MOBILE PUBLIC TOILET at all along the running route!!!
If there was a worst organised running event, it must be this ENERGIZER NIGHT RACE 2011!!!