So how sinful is Durian...?
Being a little concerned of this irresistible sin, I did some reading and bild research to discover...
1. Durian acts as a blood cleanser. Durian contains organo sulfur which are known to inhibit platelet aggregation which is one of the first steps in the formation of blood cloths that occlude coronary or cerebral arteries, leading to heart attack or strokes. After eating Durian, the cells are free flowing and are clotting much less.
2. Durian avoids and relieves constipation (fiber). Durian is rich in fiber, an important nutrient which absorbs water and expands in the digestive tract to gently and effectively speed up the process of moving bulk through the system. No wonder I rarely bowel problem.
3. Durian helps prevent anemia (Folate). Anemia is not always caused by lack of iron in the body. Folate deficiency can cause a type of anemia called pernicious anemia. Folate, also called vitamin B9, is needed for the production of normal red blood cells (RBC). Durian is a good source of folate.
4. Durian promote HEALTHY SKIN (Vitamin C). Vitamin C is an important factor in making collagen, an important protein found in skin, bones, tendon, ligaments, and blood vessels. It plays an important role in wound healing, and every cup of durian contains 80% of the RDA of vitamin C.
5. Durian helps maintain healthy bones (Potassium). Duriam is also rich in potassium. Most bone health focusses on Calcium but potassium is also a key nutrient for healthy bones. It conserves Calcium by preventing too much from being excreted in the urine.
6. Durian regulates blood sugar levels through the help of its rich manganese content.
7. Durian Helps maintain a healthy thyroid (Cooper). Durian is a good source of coppper which plays a role in thyroid metabolism especially in hormone production and absorption.
8. Durian aids in digestion being a good source for Thiamin, a B-Vitamin which promotes a normal appetite and helps produce hydrochloric acid in the stomach for proper digestion of food.
9. Durian helps relieve migrane having contained with Riboflavin which is another B Vitamin that helps and use to treat migrain headaches.
10. Durian helps fight depression and is one of the best form of sleep inducing food. Durian contains high levels of Trytophan that raises the seratonin levels to creates an overall sense of well being.
Contrary to my naive belief, Durian helps lower cholestrol (I always thought Durian is high in cholestrol) but the best part of Durian is... it contains high amount of protein and amino acids which is good for MUSCLE BUILDING and an Asian Legends that Durian is a powerful APHRODISIAC.
For more light reading.. click HERE.
Is Durian really sinful then? ...err.. in my understanding, it should actually be re-phrased as HEAVEN!!!